Support Ohio City by making a donation to help us continue to serve the neighborhood
This year has been a transformative one in Ohio City – particularly around the venerable West Side Market Centennial – with the Market District rapidly becoming a bustling core for the neighborhood. As the next year approaches, Ohio City Incorporated is looking for your support to continue our efforts in the Market District and beyond to ensure Ohio City is the premier neighborhood to live, work, play, and visit.
Some exciting milestones over the last year include:
- Ohio City Tee Ball was launched in June 2012 and included over 100 children aged 4-6 to create eight different teams.
- West Side Market Centennial wrapped on November 3, 2012 with the Centennial Gala – one of four official Centennial events which also includes: The Kick-Off on June 2, the 8th International Public Markets Conference on September 21-23, and the Street Festival + Parade on October 7.
- Market Square Park completed construction and opened to the public on June 2, 2012. The new park features a more open and accessible design and a permanent performance stage.
- Special Improvement District launched in April 2012, provides Ohio City with many of the benefits already experienced in Downtown Cleveland, such as cleanup crews, foot patrols, beautification, and maintenance attention.
- Neighborhood Wayfinding was installed in Spring 2012, providing vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian directions to parking, businesses, and local landmarks in the Ohio City neighborhood.
As we move toward the next year, we are seeking your individual engagement and financial support to help make 2013 even more spectacular! Some projects your generous donation will support include:
- Near West Recreation League – The Near West Recreation League is gearing up for expansion in 2013. Ohio City Incorporated looks to build on programs like Near West Recreation in order to position the neighborhood as a destination for families of all income levels.
- Launch Lorain – This initiative aims to attract businesses and bring improvements to Ohio City’s historic street, Lorain Avenue.
- 2013 – 2016 Strategic Plan – With the 2009-2012 strategic plan at its conclusion, Ohio City Incorporated is currently planning the next three years of organizational goals.
- Housing – Demand for housing in Ohio City is at an all-time high, as demonstrated by the over 97% occupancy rate of neighborhood apartments and increased home sales. Ohio City Incorporated will work with local developers in order to meet demand by providing quality housing options for all income levels.
Join us as we keep the momentum surrounding our neighborhood moving forward. You can make your 100% tax-deductible donation online, or by returning the form below. Donor names will be printed in our 2013 Annual Report to the Community, in addition to recognition at our annual public meeting in April 2013. We would like to thank you for your continued assistance both as a friend of Ohio City Incorporated and as an advocate for the Ohio City neighborhood.