Locate Your Business in Ohio City
Deciding where to locate your business is one of the most important decisions you will make in the process of starting or growing your endeavor. Ohio City is uniquely positioned to allow you to be as successful as you can be, with tremendous institutional and cultural anchors.
Ohio City contains the most complete and intact historic commercial district in the City of Cleveland; featuring extraordinary architecture with unique spaces and storefronts. Addionally, the neighborhood has high pedestrian and vehicular traffic counts, unparalleled access to public transit lines, and a high weekday employment base.
Ohio City is ideally located to take advantage of increased investment in Downtown Cleveland, which is 1.5 miles away, and is adjacent to other growing west-side neighborhoods including Tremont and Detroit Shoreway. There has been an unprecedented amount of growth in Ohio City over the last two years with 37 new businesses opening over that time, 28 of which are located in the Market District.
Ohio City still contains excellent investment opportunities and Ohio City Inc is always looking for the right businesses to compliment what the neighborhood already has to offer. Parties interested in exploring these opportunities and seeing what potential business assistance programs may be a fit for their needs should contact Tom McNair below or fill out the Business Inquiry Form.
Ohio City Business Facts
- Ohio City has over 12,000 residents, a part of the 50,000 residents living on the Near West Side of Cleveland, located 1.5 miles from the heart of Downtown and its growing population of 10,000+ residents.
- Ohio City has seen over $100 million in private and public investment over the last two years.
- The Market District has over 3,000 employees making it the 3rd largest employment center in the City of Cleveland.
- More than five million people per year pass through the Market District by bus, making it the second busiest hub of transit in Cleveland outside of Public Square.
- Average work days see arrivals and departures in excess of 1,400 riders at the West 25th Street Ohio City Redline Rapid Transit Station.
- The intersection of West 25th Street and Lorain Avenue has an average daily traffic count of over 15,000 vehicles.
- The West Side Market has over one-million visitors annually; with over ten-thousand visitors every Saturday.
- The commercial vacancy rate in the Market District has dropped from 28% to 4% over the last eighteen months.
- Ohio City is home to Saint Ignatius High School, one of the Nation’s premiere parochial high schools, with over 1,400 students, many of whom utilize public transportation.