Ohio City Incorporated (OCI) is the community development corporation responsible for preserving, promoting and developing the Ohio City neighborhood. OCI serves the community by providing assistance to both neighborhood residents as well as businesses and institutions through the vehicles of advocacy and engagement, community building, marketing, special events, neighborhood planning and housing assistance. The work of OCI is aimed at making Ohio City a vibrant and livable community.
Title: Special Improvement District Manager
Reports to: Director of Neighborhood Planning & Economic Development
Job Description: The Special Improvement District Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of the Ohio City Improvement Corporation (OCIC), the neighborhood’s special improvement district. This includes planning and executing safety and beautification programs in publicly accessible spaces, building relationships, and interfacing with stakeholders. This is a new role created to enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors and support businesses and non-profits in the district.
· Implement OCIC’s 2020-2024 plan by launching the expansion of services (Clean & Safe Ambassador program, sidewalk snow removal, security, safety cameras, beautification projects, and public realm enhancements)
· Bid and manage contracts with service providers
· Monitor the district for graffiti, cleanliness, and maintenance issues· Establish positive relationships with residents, businesses, and property owners
· Serve as a point of contact for the OCIC programs
· Create and implement a marketing plan
· Assist with preparing budgets and delivering periodic progress reports to Board and stakeholders
· Maintain a database of crisis counseling and community resources to support the homeless community
· Support businesses in the district through work identified in the Ohio City Retail Plan
· Build support for the special improvement district through successful implementation of programs and effective communication with stakeholders
· Assist with the renewal and potential expansion of the special improvement district
· Staff some evening and weekend events and meetings
Positive team-oriented attitude
Self-driven, action-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Organized and detail-oriented
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience working with the public or public service
Ability to serve diverse populations with openness and integrity
A passion for urban neighborhoods and creating vibrant and inclusive public spaces
Compensation: Salary Range $30,000-$35,000. Ohio City Incorporated offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, IRA, and advancement opportunities.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close Friday, January 31st at 5:00pm